-We've been nominated for the "Best New Band" in this years Riverfront Times Music Awards.
-We're very excited.
-We're trying to keep level about it. We're still new. We've done some things right it seems, and some people have noticed, and for that we feel very honored. We have to continue to work hard and try to do more things right.
-There is going to be a showcase show of some sort, and though I really hope we get to play it, I'm not exactly sure how it all works out. Around 125 bands were nominated, so thats a ton of people. We'll see how they organize it.
- A bunch of the friends we've made over the past 8 months or so were also nominated. We feel privileged to be among these people.
- Congrats Volcanoes, Union Tree Review, Palace, Britches, Dots Not Feathers, and Illphonics.
A few other notes :
- We're almost done with the three tracks we've been recording with Ryan Wasoba. Going in next week some day to do vocals, then it's on to mixing!
Again, thank you to everyone for supporting us. We've had so much love and friendship since we've started, I can't wait to see what's next.
Busy busy busy.
-We returned to the Firebird to play with our new friends Union Tree Review and it was pure awesome. We’ve always loved the Firebird but that show was particularly exciting. We had a nice, responsive crowd and met a ton of cool people (more on that later).
-We played at FOAM again on the 25th, opening up for Lantern Lights. It was there CD release show and they packed the place. FOAM is such a nice space, and we have a great time trying fit all our equipment up on that tiny stage. We actually had to use one of our cases to prop up my keyboard stand as it was only half on the stage.
-If you haven’t listened to Lantern Lights you really should. Check them out at www.soundcloud.com/lanternlightsmusic.
-We booked TWO shows at Plush. We’re playing March 11th with Dots Not Feathers and April 11th with VOLCANOES. Plush is awesome.
- We’re playing this Thursday at Cicero’s with it!, Nee!, and The Pass. Eleven Magazine is sponosoring it and I’m expecting and big ol’ fashioned dance party.
- After the Firebird show I met Johnny Andrews from the St. Louis Post Dispatch. He’s been putting out a series of music videos for local bands over the past few months and he was really interested in working with us. He wasn’t actually able to see us at that firebird show, but I gave him a CD and he contacted us. He came out to the FOAM show and really enjoyed the set. Afterwards we made plans to meet for coffee. At the meeting we hashed out the basic idea of what we wanted to do. I think it’s going to be great and really can’t wait to get started. We will begin shooting in the middle-end of April for an early May release. Ryan Wasoba is going to help us out with making sure the sound is good.
- We’re back in the studio! We met up with Ryan at his place Thursday night, got all our gear set up and did sound checks. After that we sat around talking about music, and as most nights do, ended up looking at funny videos on the internet. Have you seen Kitty City? Look it up. now. The next day we tracked all the live drums, the electronic drums, and some of the bass and guitar for the three tracks we are recording. We’re not quite sure what we are going to do with the tracks when are done, but you’ll be able to listen to them here at some point. The goal is a full length. After these we will be at 7. We plan to record again in a few months to bring the total up to 10-12.
- I have the materials to assemble 300 more copies of our EP. After those we will have given out 1000! copies of it.
That’s all I can remember for now. Thanks for reading!
- Actually. Unfortunately the comment system on this blog is messed up right now, so if you have anything to say in response to this please find us on facebook or twitter or something like that.